The task of relaunching the corporate website of Almirall Hermal GmbH, the subsidiary of the Spanish pharmaceutical company Laboratorios Almirall, came with an added task: the development of a portal that would demonstrate the company’s dermatological expertise.
A relaunch of a corporate website is a challenge in itself but one that we are always happy to accept. In the pharmaceutical sector especially, there is always a multitude of details to consider, as the market for drugs is heavily regulated and patient information is subject to a host of important legal requirements. In the case of Almirall Hermal, we developed, in compliance with all of these requirements, a bilingual information solution that provides access to freely available information and detailed information intended for professionals (the latter by login). The additional task of developing a portal containing extensive information on the topic of “skin” required intensive study of medical matters. Under the project name “Skin City,” an extensive design phase gave rise to an information-packed portal that served the information needs of both laypeople and professionals.
- Strategic planning
- Development of branding and content strategies
- Dynamic content management through a content management system
- Automated involvement of external content suppliers
- Direct selling of prescription products to physicians and pharmacists in the restricted area
- Provision of contact information for doctors’ offices and clinics
- A physician’s hotline for maintaining their office and contact information
- Regular sending of newsletters to end customers and professionals
- MySql on a high-availability Sun cluster
For both the corporate site and the Skin City portal, the focus of online communication is on comprehensive and fast search services. Fast and secure results are an absolute must in everything from searches for medical specialists, clinics or facilities to comprehensive expert information on medications. This called for the development of various technical concepts for dynamic content management and a carefully thought-out approach to managing interfaces in restricted user areas.