Since 2007, small and medium-sized Hamburg companies have been awarded the family seal in order to promote family-friendly company policies.
This year, Medienwerft was named one of the 400 companies that can now call themselves a “family-friendly Hamburg company”. The distinction is awarded by the Hamburg Alliance for Families, which is made up of an action group of the Hamburg Senate, the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and the Hamburg Chamber of Crafts.
The seal is awarded, initially for a period of three years, for promoting a good work-life balance.
Medienwerft began its application for the award by answering certain questions, with at least three of them needing to be applicable to Medienwerft.
We are proud to be able to answer the following questions with “yes”:
- Is there the opportunity to work part-time if children need to be looked after?
- Do employees know who to turn to if they have questions about combining work and family life?
- Can employees work from home in exceptional cases?
- Do managers take the issue of “work-life balance” seriously?
- Is having children considered not to be a career barrier in the company?
- Does the company keep in touch with employees during parental leave and help them get back to work?
Then there was an on-site visit. Topics of discussion included the general conditions, how to deal with the issue of work-life balance and the measures taken to support it. Immediately afterwards, Medienwerft was given the family seal.
Finally, on Wednesday, 02.11.2022, the certificate was handed over to the management board by top representatives of the Hamburg Alliance for Families at a ceremony in Hamburg City Hall.