Since 2010 we have been advising and assisting Ludwig Görtz GmbH, one of Europe’s largest shoe retailers and one that is steeped in tradition as few others are. The focus of our work is the entire field of social media marketing. And that is quite a task in itself.
The task put to us in 2010 was, in brief, as follows: “Help us with our multichannel marketing in the social media and mobile domains.” Because these areas at that time lacked the sort of standards that apply in conventional or online marketing, the task, as further elaborated, was to conceive a comprehensive strategy for marketing through social media and mobile devices and to make it compatible with existing brand and communication norms.
Medienwerft for Görtz – multichannel marketing for social media and mobile devices
The expectations we had to meet were many and varied, ranging from an increase in brand awareness and brisker sales to customer acquisition and greater customer loyalty, from networking of offline and online content to longer campaigns and collateral measures to reinforce them. The task was a challenging and inviting one involving virtually all of the company’s channels of communication.
- Strategic consulting based on platform innovations
- Development of content and marketing strategies
- Social media campaign planning
- Creation of postings, including editorial planningDesign creation (posting visuals, apps, landing pages, microsites)
- Programming of apps, landing pages, microsites
- Community management
- Blogger relations
- Planning and realization of Facebook media campaigns
- Continuous reporting of success metrics
- Continual process optimization through the use of social media tools
Hootsuite, Fanpage Karma, Facebook Insights, Audience Insights, Graph Search, Ads Manager, Ad Reports, Power Editor, Agora Pulse, Various APIs for connecting or integrating apps, databases, etc.
- Opening up entirely new communication channels, which are used on a highly flexible, potential-oriented, and often day-by-day basis.
- An eye for the broader picture beyond the exigencies of communication
- Uniting offline business, conventional marketing planning, sales and promotional activities, and numerous cooperative activities
- Often bluntly straightforward dialog that occurs among fans
- Programming of apps for use in ways that are non-terminal-specific and optimized for mobile devices
- Conducting cross-community and cross-branding campaigns
- Incorporating social media activities into offline business
- Initiating blogger relations and cooperation
- Developing social commerce potential on the Web and at the point of sale
- Developing social media guidelines (corporate tonality and behavior, crisis communication, ...)